February 7, 2014

Strawberry and Champagne Cupcakes

Okay, so my boyfriend's sister is an amazing colorist at a very awesome salon in the area.  So every once in a while I go to get my hair done and I bring baked goodies with me for the staff.  This time I was trying to find a cute cupcake that was gourmet and "different."  I combed the Internet, and found these:

Strawberry and Champagne Cupcakes



Okay, my pictures do this no justice, so make sure to head over the website above!  These were amazing!  I followed the recipe exactly and it turned out perfectly!  (Okay, I had no time to make candied strawberries, but I bet they would have been awesome.)

The only difference is that instead of champagne, I used a strawberry moscato from the liquor store.  This way there was a definite strawberry flavor!  It was fantastic!

(FYI - I used some of that strawberry puree in a margarita.. waste not!)

No comments:

Post a Comment